Monday 16 April 2012

Challenge #66 - Laura's Auras

SO happy to hear that Artoo is on the mend and he and Laura and family are home.  Laura's weekly challenge is up again this week, and it focuses on the use of auras.  The first tile I've shown is one I did a while ago, and I really like the use of auras in it.  The second tile, I did tonight and I feel that I over-aura-ed it... lost the fricle in it.  I've been on a bit of a tangle bender lately (yay!), so I think that a miss here and there is okay!  Anywho, here they are for this week:

10 comments:

  1. Both of these are amazing. I don't think you overdid the aura on the second one, it makes a nice background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both beautiful tiles, I love the auras on the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both lovely, but I 'specially like the auras in the second one - seems like the fronds are quivering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The second one is my favorite, as it emphasizes the shapes rather than isolates then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the other comments, I don't think you overdid the auras at all. I think they did a nice job of bringing the components of your tile together. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! The second tile is what auras are all about! They add such a fantastic design element and really changed the look of your piece:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the second tile!! nothing overdone about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually think the second tile is my favorite. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for stopping by my blog :) and for the kind comments!

    i like both your tiles here, the first one especially! i really like the way the contrast makes the whole piece pop!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!